Here you have it… the changes interpreted by TheRealDealGal.
Promotions and Commercial Solicitations
In order to preserve the integrity of Community content, content and activities consisting of advertising, promotion, or solicitation (whether direct or indirect) is not allowed, including:
- Creating, modifying, or posting content regarding your (or your relative’s, close friend’s, business associate’s, or employer’s) products or services.
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST REVIEWS OR ANY OTHER CONTENT FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED PEOPLE.
- Creating, modifying, or posting content regarding your competitors’ products or services.
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SLAY YOUR COMPETITORS PRODUCTS, INCLUDING POSTING FALSE BAD REVIEWS.
- Creating, modifying, or posting content in exchange for compensation of any kind (including free or discounted products) or on behalf of anyone else.
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REVIEW, ASK QUESTIONS, OR HELP AN AMAZON SELLER AND RECEIVE ANY KIND OF COMPENSATION WHAT SO EVER… UNLESS YOU ARE PART OF AMAZON VINE, THEN IT IS COMPLETELY OK.
- Offering compensation or requesting compensation (including free or discounted products) in exchange for creating, modifying, or posting content.
THIS MEANS EXACTLY THE SAME THING AS ABOVE, HOWEVER AMAZON WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ IT TWICE AND IT STICKS IN YOUR BRAIN… UNLESS YOU ARE PART OF AMAZON VINE, THEN IT’S COMPLETELY OK.
- Posting advertisements or solicitations, including URLs with referrer tags or affiliate codes.
NO SPAMMING YOUR COMPETITORS PRODUCTS WITH YOUR PRODUCT LINKS, RUTHLESS PEOPLE, WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?
The only exceptions are:
- You may post content requested by Amazon (such as Customer Reviews of products you purchased on Amazon or received through the Vine program, and answers requested through Questions and Answers). In those cases, your content must comply with any additional guidelines specified by Amazon.
YOU MAY ONLY LEAVE A REVIEW IF YOU PURCHASED THROUGH AMAZON OR AMAZON VINE, SHOULD YOU LEAVE A REVIEW YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL FLOGGING SHOULD AMAZON DECIDE TO CHANGE THE GUIDELINES AT ANY TIME.
- You may post an answer to a question asked through the Questions and Answers feature (but not a question itself) regarding products or services for which you have a financial or close personal connection to the brand, seller, author, or artist, but only if you clearly and conspicuously disclose the connection (e.g., “I represent the brand for this product.”). We automatically label some answers from sellers or manufacturers, in which case additional disclosure is not necessary.
THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR ME, OK…. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ASK QUESTIONS, SO IF YOU DON’T KNOW THE SIZE, MATERIAL, SCENT OR WHATEVER YOU NEED INFORMATION ON, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FIND OUT OR GET OTHERS OPINIONS. HOWEVER, YOU ARE FREE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OTHERS HAVE SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO PURCHASE IT WITHOUT YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED.
- You may post content other than Customer Reviews and Questions and Answers regarding products or services for which you have a financial or close personal connection to the brand, seller, author, or artist, but only if you clearly and conspicuously disclose the connection (e.g., “I was paid for this post.”). However, no brand or business may participate in the Community in a way (including by advertising, special offers, or any other “call to action”) that diverts Amazon customers to another non-Amazon website, service, application, or channel for the purpose of conducting marketing or sales transactions. Content posted through brand, seller, author, or artist accounts regarding their own products or services does not require additional labeling.
SAY AGAIN, WHAT IN THE !#%@ DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??? CLEAR ENGLISH!! Ooops my bad, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OUTSOURCED!!
Book authors and publishers may continue to provide free or discounted copies of their books to readers, as long as the author or publisher does not require a review in exchange or attempt to influence the review.
For more information and examples, read About Promotional Content.
I NEED A DRINK…